29 June 2009
Oh, and excuse me for my tardiness but I forgot to mention the No Doubt show. It was awesome as I expected it to be, from where I was sitting, the angles were off (even though we were somewhat close) so there's really no need to post photos. The highlight of the show was watching Gwen's two kids dancing around to "Hey Baby" with the nanny. MGMT this wednesday should be much better.
28 June 2009
As you all know, Thursday 25 June, the world lost the single greatest entertainer the world of music has ever known.
His last few years on earth didn't treat him well, his health steadily deteriorating, while the American media nicknamed him "Jacko" and mostly continued the assault of his character that started with the molestation allegations in 1993. I have to admit to laughing at the jokes made about him regarding those allegations down to his obsession with his appearance. As far as the surgeries were concerned, there was some truth to it but when you saw what he became in the 21st century compared to the little boy that blessed the stage back in late 60's, early 70's, you couldn't help but to feel sorry for him. He had no one to relate to with his problems. All of the child and teenage idols before and after him never came close to the fame and fortune he accumulated during his lifetime so no one could actually say they knew what he was going through or how to deal with things.
Maybe his untimely death was a sign that his "comeback tour" wasn't meant to be? Either way, no one will ever match or surpass the global success he attained in his 40+ years of show business. To the King of Pop, The Gloved One, MJ, The Moonwalker, etc., may God rest his soul because his presence will truly be felt in death as it surely was during his life.
A few fun facts about Michael Jackson:
- 13 U.S. number one singles in his solo career
- His last Billboard #1 single "You Are Not Alone", was the first song in Billboard history to debut at #1
- On November 14, 1991, Michael Jackson’s music video, Black or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people. It is the largest audience ever to view a music video.
- In March 1991, Jackson signed a new record-breaking US$890 million contract by Sony. It is still the largest recording contract of all time.
- Jackson has more music awards than any other artist in the history of music (including 13 Grammy Awards)
- Jackson's "Bad World Tour" (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "HIStory World Tour" (1996-1997), which is still the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of USA).
- Would have been the biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city, from "This Is It" in 2009.
- Would have been the most amount of people to attend a series of arena shows, from "This Is It" in 2009.
-The fastest ticket sales in history, with 700,000 tickets sold in about four hours for the now-cancelled "This Is It" tour in 2009.
-Jackson is the third best selling artist of all time with over 750 million records sold. (First, second and fourth are as follows: 1. The Beatles, 2. Elvis Presley, 4. Bing Crosby)
- Jackson has been given 197 recognized awards.
- 750 million records sold worldwide.
25 June 2009
This is classic British flair. I in fact would be surprised if it wasn't an English made suit. Everything from the vintage inspired (if not actually vintage) briefcase to the popular in recent years frames, I feel is a nod to Great Britain in the 1950's and 60's. Also because the suit is of an obvious lightweight fabric, he'll be as comfortable in the warm weather months as anyone with layering of any kind. I even love that the suit is a bit wrinkled which lets you know that he doesn't stand still all day like a mannequin.
24 June 2009
23 June 2009
21 June 2009
This is the first of 2 weeks that classic clip will be taking off in place of live clips which means nothing other than another show to attend during the week. The band up to bat is No Doubt on the heels of their "reunion" tour. I will be attending it with a friend of mine and 2 of my little cousins, 17 and 13 respectively who I am excited for because this is their first concerts. I just tweeted last night that in preparing to see a band live, I'm normally psyched and mentally hyping myself up to the day of the show (be it counting down the days, listening to that band's discography, constantly making some kind of reference to said band, etc.). For some reason I'd only classify myself as only 75-80% excited to see them. Don't get me wrong, I love No Doubt. They get a more than fair share of listens on my ipod. I just can't explain why I'm not as enthused as usual. We'll see how things go the day of.
20 June 2009
19 June 2009
This is a pic of 7 World Trade Center. I think this angle is pretty cool because without the description, it would be tough to tell. It sort of looks like I could have laid down on my stomach and taken this picture flat on the ground (angling it of course). Also because it was a bit cloudy that day makes it even better since it blends with the structure of the building making it seem like the edge is nearby.
18 June 2009
17 June 2009
This is one of those "once in a while" times I'll add myself as my own subject but I figured what the heck? I'm working on a portfolio so why not a glance as to what I'd add in it.
*Modeling agencies and the like, feel free to take notice and/or contact me hehe*
16 June 2009
His hawk is 100x better than mine ever was (maybe because he actually made an effort to actually grow out his hair and I had to keep it "faux" anyway for work).